- CPSC approved helmets are required
- Wristbands are required for refreshments, lunch, ride-support during ride
- Tandem riders register one person
- Ride goes rain or shine
- Must have ID at packet pick-up
- Rider must sign liability waiver; if under 18 parent or legal guardian must sign
- Course closes at 3 p.m.
- No Refunds
Rules for the Ride
- Road bike and road tires are highly recommended (sorry – no mountain bikes. Contact SBR Cycles in Orem if you need assistance)
- Must wear helmet properly at all times when on the bike
- At least 2 water bottles (can be filled at rest stops)
- Tire kit (spare tube, patch kit, pump or CO2 inflator with cartridges, tire levers – Contact SBR Cycles if needed)
Recommended Items to Carry
- Identification (i.e. driver’s license)
- Credit card and some spare cash
Bike Safety Checklist
- Brakes are secure with no rubbing on rim when not engaged
- All parts are clean and functional
- tires are free from cracks or rot
- Chain is oiled and quiet
- Derailleurs shift cleanly and quickly
- All bolts and fasteners are torqued to specification
- See SBR Cycles in Orem with any questions about bicycle maintenance or repairs. Remember: safety is sexy!
Summary of utah laws
- Cyclists are subject to all applicable laws of operating a vehicle: including obeying all traffic signals (stop signs and lights)
- Cyclists traveling less than the normal speed of traffic must ride as near to the shoulder as is practical.
- Cyclists approaching an intersection may use the left-turn lane.
- Cyclists may not attach to moving vehicles. Cyclists should not ride more than two abreast unless adequate lane/shoulder space is available.
- Cyclists must keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times.
- Cyclists must yield to pedestrians and shall give audible signal when passing pedestrians or riders.
- Cyclists must wear CPSC approved helmets at all times. Bicycles must have brakes.
The Utah County Gran Fondo is an amazingly windy, hot, mostly flat,
yet challenging ride. Riders will be
impressed with the scenery this ride provides.
Century Starting and finishing at the Lakeside Park (400 South 1850 West, Orem) (Click for Map), in a clockwise loop typically around Utah Lake. However, construction issues have forced us to alter the course for 2017. As a result, riders will travel south to Mona and return the same way.
62/30 MilersStarting and finishing at The Lakeside Park (400 South 1850 West, Orem) , the 62 and 30-mile course are down-and-back loops that stay on the east side of Utah Lake.